Facial Rejuvenation Therapy in Subiaco
As we get older, our skin loses elasticity and collagen production slows down. It causes facial wrinkles, sagging skin, and other signs of aging.
Many people are unhappy with the appearance of their faces as they age. Some may even avoid social situations to hide these signs of aging like frown lines or crow’s feet around the eyes.
Subi Smilemakers goes beyond your teeth to help you achieve your dream smile. We also offer facial rejuvenation services, so your face will look younger without surgery. Facial rejuvenation refers to any cosmetic, dental, or medical procedure used to restore the face’s youthful appearance without surgery. It can include a variety of facial rejuvenation treatments, such as wrinkle relaxers and dermal fillers. The use of facial rejuvenation can be used to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines on your face to achieve an even more beautiful smile.
Benefits of Facial Rejuvenation Therapy
Why Choose Subi Smilemakers for Facial Rejuvenation Therapy in Subiaco
We know that life can be challenging, but we also know that you deserve a break. That’s why we offer facial rejuvenation therapy in Subiaco to help you feel refreshed and relaxed. Our treatments include wrinkle relaxants and dermal fillers to make sure your skin quality looks its best. You don’t have to look any further than Subi Smilemakers for all of your aesthetic needs!
You can come into our dental office today or book an appointment online so we can get started on the treatment process right away. Whether it’s wrinkle relaxers or dermal fillers, you will leave feeling like a new person with an even more beautiful smile!
Frequently asked questions
The following are the facial rejuvenation treatments we provide at Subi Smilemakers:
- Wrinkle Relaxers: Wrinkle relaxers are cosmetic injections that soften wrinkles and fine lines in the face. Any area of the face can be treated to relax wrinkles: vertical lines between the eyebrows, horizontal lines on the forehead, and the lines that run around the mouth and nose (expression lines).
- Dermal Fillers: The purpose of dermal fillers is to restore lost volume and deep wrinkles, giving your face a smoother, more youthful appearance. With injections of dermal fillers, thin lips can be plumped, shallow contours enhanced, facial creases softened, wrinkles removed, and scars diminished.
Wrinkle relaxers are used to prevent specific muscles from contracting. They prevent the formation of new wrinkles or the deepening of existing ones. Botulinum toxins, which are injected into the face muscles, temporarily block local nerve impulses that cause contractions. It relaxes wrinkles and prevents the formation of new ones.
Dermal fillers are soft injectable gels made of non-animal hyaluronic acid that have been stabilized. The gel is gentle on the skin and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid found naturally in the body. It lasts a long time, but it is not permanent. A cannula or needle is used to inject the gel-like substance into certain areas of the face. Fillers increase the level of hyaluronic acid in the skin. They restore volume to hollow areas by plumping the skin from the inside out and replacing lost fat and proteins. Dermal fillers provide volume to the skin, reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles and creating a natural, softer appearance.
Having any one of these signs is a good indicator that you might need facial skin rejuvenation therapy:
- Facial lines and wrinkles: Wrinkles and fine lines typically occur when collagen production in the skin begins to decline, which happens for most adults between 40 and 50.
- Uneven skin tone: An uneven skin tone occurs when your complexion is distorted due to rosacea, broken capillaries, or other problems with the tone of your skin. People of any age can get it, but those over 40 are more likely to experience it.
- Skin texture imbalance: Skin texture imbalance refers to a dry or bumpy surface texture and a rough and uneven texture within the skin. Skin tone imbalance is common among adults over 40.
- Increased skin laxity: Skin laxity occurs when the skin loses its structure and firmness. It starts to sag and becomes loose. Skin laxity is mainly caused by aging, and most people begin to experience skin laxity between the ages of 35 and 40.
- Acne and acne scars: Acne is characterized by pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and enlarged pores that produce excessive amounts of oil on the face. Even adults in their 30s and 40s can get acne, particularly women with hormonal acne.
- Blemishes and dark spots: Blemishes and dark spots that appear on the skin surface indicate skin damage. Unprotected sun exposure often causes dark spots and sunspots, while blemishes include pockmarks, freckling, melasma, or new moles on the face. Older adults are more likely to develop dark spots.
If you are considering undergoing facial rejuvenation, it is essential to note that you should only do so if you are in excellent health physically and mentally.
A facial skin rejuvenation procedure is a medical procedure. It can be risky, even though it is not as invasive as surgical cosmetic procedures. Some patients are more susceptible to more severe complications depending on their skin type, allergies, medical conditions, and medications. The treatments should be administered by a fully qualified professional. Potential skin rejuvenation risks include:
- Wounds that take longer to heal
- Allergic reactions
- Prone to sunburn
- Inconsistent pigmentation
- Irregular surface and texture of the skin
Facial rejuvenation therapy is a non-surgical procedure and can be completed at our dental clinic. Your initial treatment will begin with a consultation, during which we will discuss your concerns and goals. During your appointment, we will assess your area of concern and analyze your medical history.
Wrinkle Relaxer Treatment: You will feel nothing more than a slight prick throughout this operation. A cold compress can be used to relieve any discomfort. There will be some slight swelling and redness at the injection sites just after a series of injections. It will go away after a few hours of the operation. Patients can quickly resume normal activities, but exertion should be avoided for a few hours.
Dermal Filler Treatment: The target area will be cleaned just before the treatment. You may be given a topical anaesthetic to numb the area before the injection. Many filler solutions also include lidocaine, a mild anesthetic meant to help you feel better during and after your procedure. Then, the filler will be strategically injected beneath the skin by your provider. You should see effects right away following filler injections, depending on the product and the locations treated.
The cost of facial rejuvenation therapy varies depending on your needs and the number of areas to be treated. In general, wrinkle relaxer treatment costs range from $12 to $500, while dermal filler treatment costs range from $500 to $900.
Dentists are the most qualified health professionals to provide facial rejuvenation therapy after training courses with the Australasian Academy of Dento-Facial Aesthetics (AADFA) due to their deep understanding of facial anatomy, extensive practical experience with facial muscles and their aesthetic aspects, and ability to accurately and comfortably inject patients.